Thursday, April 4, 2013

Run the Bluegrass~Momawrazzi view


Rising early again on a Saturday morning doing a gear check of the camera equipment, this time including a blanket, book, lemon water and snack of homemade trail mix. It's 'Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon' day.  It's exciting for me since this is the first Half my SIL will be competing in. Unfortunately he hurt his knee last week during one of the training runs, but says that it's a lot better and is running anyway.
Most of the drive there was foggy, and still so foggy that they delayed the race 15 min since they run on Old Frankfort Pike road, safety first!  During the delay mayor Jim Gray of Lexington announced that there were 4000 runner/walkers registered for the race,
representing 43 states and 6 foreign countries....
how cool is that!!

The delay also worked out well for me so that I could find a good spot for pictures, I love,love,love the excitement of all the runners in anticipation of the race starting. I enjoy the way everyone interacts with each other sharing their concerns about the course, checking out who is in what corral, listening to the pep talks,
did I mention that there were 4000 runners!!

Of Course we need a group photo,

Kim competed in the 7 mile run...

Jason as always still with a smile on his face...

David, not so much fun for him...

David Baker on point with his focus...

Jeremy enjoying the cheer section...

Twila conquered the hills again this year...

My 'SIL' killer hills for his first Half...

Jeremy goes back to finish with his wife Crystal,
she has done so well getting back on her ...

David good form at the finish...

Ricky finishing strong...

Bobbie (my baby) in the pink with Kelli in the yellow,
they have been friends forever,

Carmen she is so awesome...

Rebekah one of Bobbie' friends from school,
this is her first BIG race since having her baby last year...
 
The races are always a fun time for me. I love being with the kids and talking to other people that are  followers of runners.
The camaraderie between the runners the friendships they develop will last them for a lifetime. 


arunnersmom~that what I am!

2 comments:

  1. Another great post!! Thanks Mom~your the best:) I'm waiting for some pics for my post, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics! It was an awesome race!

    ReplyDelete