Sunday, February 17, 2013

Daunting Days! But I'm still a winner!

Life is stressful, well mine seems to be at times. I'm trying to fit it all in with little luck thus far, but, I'm making it through another day and will adjust to my time struggles. I know that I need to be willing to make decisions on what is the most important thing for me.
One important thing for me has been being able to attend my "grandsons" basketball games. My 'one and Only' male grand child and he's AWESOME! It makes me well up in tears every time he comes running to get hugs and kisses from me. I Just Love this kid!! He says he doesn't want to do basketball next year, but does want to play soccer and do Cross Country we'll see, you know how kids can be, either way if at all possible the Mommaw will be there.

My work life has become hectic to say the least, some weeks are 50+ hours some are only 37.5 hours. When I do get the OT it's several days in a row and can sometimes last consecutive weeks in a row. It's great to have a job in this economy and my extra hours are my fault, (I ask for them) so whats the answer? Broke or some extra moolah?

I have arranged my breaks in order to try and get my steps in during the day which has work to some degree but there's the whole sit down and take a break thing that's not happening and with my job being sorta physical it gets tiring. Missed several home work-outs this week (as in walking on the treadmill), my fault, wanted to spend the time with H2B while he was off.

My runner kids are in training mode and haven't done many races this year, 1 in January that I still need to post about which will be this week and another coming up next weekend.

In closing I want to share this quote I found in Success Magazine,
          "winners habitually face the work of the day with the purpose of discovering what can be done instead of worrying about what cannot be done"--Paul Meyer


a runners mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment