Monday, July 12, 2010

What a week!!!

This has been the longest short week I've had in a long time. Still trying to get caught up with everything and as always if it doesn't get done it will still be there tomorrow...HA! It was a steady pace at work so that helped alot. I've been able to come home and try to get this or that done before going on to my "other home". I was able to surprize the kids by showing up when they all met to train this week..there was going to be a 5K race on Saturday in Lancaster,I have the best time watching and listening to all of them..they each have something in common but yet so opposite. There were six of them in all with G'man as one of them...he runs to not only get the excercise but to also be with Bobbie, awwww! (she knows how lucky she is) They get a plan and take off! It was like being in high school again sitting uptown hanging out on the corner watching people go by, man it brought back memories. I figured I had 40-50 minutes before their return. I was talking to my brother when OMG! they're finished already? Well first it was Gerard & Twilla..and I didn't have not 1 drop of water for them! It was sorry Jim gotta go and get some H2O...thank goodness for "Bluegrass Pizza & Pub" Gerard' friend Melissa is the owner so I ordered 6 glasses a didn't care how much it cost had my debit card ready when next thing I know her husband and one of the waiters are serving the water to all the kids across the street..at no charge! Now that's service!! After sitting there resting, talking, laughing and gossiping we all finally leave to go home..it was 10:30pm when I made it. I really appreciate the fact that my daughter has always had the best group of people around her while in school and now as an adult...It may have helped that I was the mean Mom, but fair..and everyone hung out at the house. I have more to catch up on but it's late and I have a trip to get ready for.......

PS-Saturdays race resulted with 1st place trophy' for Bobbie, Katrina and Twilla! Way to go ladies....,

I'm a runner's MOM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment