Saturday, June 1, 2024

Streaking + Saturday Race + GABBF + Funeral + O.M.G!!

 

And Happy STREAKING!!
NO...Not that kind Silly Goose....
🠋 This Kind 🠋
Yep I'm gonna be a Streaker, and it's perfect timing as I'm starting up a new training cycle that needs to continue from now on with my races coming up...
Along with the Streak Challenge I joined in several Garmin Challenges, because 🤷Why Not??
O.M.G!! Here we GO!!
**********
Off to the races!!
Run for the Brass 5K this morning.

Today's race event is in My hometown, early morning start but not as early as normal.
Everyone that finishes gets a medal...age group medals in Bronze, Silver & Gold can also be used as coasters.
A decent turnout [finally]! We needed at least 100 to break even - ended up with around 115.
New timing team worked for us today. Josh Cromer [frt right] is a Fire Fighter from Georgetown and started Commonwealth Race Timing that he does on weekends...Great Guy and Great Team to work with. You can view Photos HERE
 **********
After the race I hurried downtown to 'shoot' this year's Great American Brass Band Festival parade....Some of my favorite people are in charge of the line-up & organization of the groups.
My amazing friend Lynn & her daughter Alex - not JUST friends but family as well. Here's a few of my pick's from the parade.
I personally was disappointed in the parade, [keeps getting smaller every year??] but it was what it was...Thanks to Lynn She caught me in the Act of Acting up🤣

View Parade Photos HERE
**********
Once the parade was over I high-tailed it home to work on race picture link and cleanup for my friends funeral...though he has already been interred at Camp David his sister wanted a 'service' for the family & friends. It's been a stressful time for Mac[wife] and she's handling things like a Champ, for now.
The service was nice but a bit long. We made it through, went to the reception that the church provided then went to Mac's for a 'friends fair well' reception. Toasting with his favorite Scotch, and food. We didn't stay to late as I need to get my mile in for the June #streakingwiththeCOOLKIDS challenge...
Though it rained, I still got it done with a bit extra.

Whew it's been a day, High's & Low emotions. Time to call it a night.











No comments:

Post a Comment