Saturday, June 18, 2022

6/18/22 Wild hearts Superhero Fun Run 5K/10K

 Though I was supposed to be at She Power in Indianapolis for a girls run'cation and I told my RaceRise team I wouldn't be available to be at Wild Hearts Superhero...things changed😞 when we returned from Piston Ultra. Since I wasn't originally going to be at the race, I still called my team and the race RD's to let them know yes, I'm available and would be there to take race photos...the event directors already had a finish line photographer, that was and still a good thing. I don't claim to be a professional, I point and shoot hoping for the best, LOL. I stayed near the start/finish line and took course photos...

The Race was amazing! I arrived early [of course], got race packets for my kids, then just walked around talking with all the other runners. And of course, talking to some of the ''Super Hero's'' prizes were awarded to best dressed Super Hero...


       

I was pleased to see so many of my local runners there and that they utilized my discount code 10% off always helps...IYKYK 
Running Buddies are the best! Bobbie [my girl] is here between her BRF's David & Mindy...Bernie on the far right is one of my 'older' runner kids. 84 years young and competes every weekend.

Team Rex won 3rd largest Team Rex is the son of another runner kid and was born with CHD. Ashley [Rex' mom] is one of the organizers/race director's for the race. 

These little cuties dressed up--->

<---I could hear this little one telling her Dad 'Come On Daddy' So Cute!

I Love the 'Fur Runners' [going to start bringing award treats for them]......

Best Dressed Stroller.......


 Age Group winner...[Show Up--Show Out=Winning]


Bobbie' BRF David won in his age grp


<-- My Favorite Fleet Feet employee Gabbi made it fun with a jump, I got her to run with a Super Hero Cape...she said 'for you Momma Ruby I'll wear it' ! Love my Runner Kids!

<--- at the Start of the race they're all happy, smiling, having a good time then.....

---> I could hear Mindy yelling to Bobbie 
             Get your A## Moving..😲 notice the smile on Mindy's face and Bobbie is Not!

 Hank the [mascot] Horse was available for pictures--->

The race supports Kerrington's Heart. They provide hope, help and healing to CHD families.
The purpose of the event is not only to increase overall awareness concerning Congenital Heart Defects (CHD), but to raise funds in furtherance of our mission to provide education, support, and encouragement for children with heart disease, their families, and caregivers in the state of Kentucky.
CHD is the #1 birth defect in America, and we’re fighting every day to make a difference in the lives of Kentucky families affected by this condition.

More information about Kerrington's Heart:

  • *****They strive to assist patients and families through each step in their journey of dealing with Congenital Heart Defects (CHD). Offering comfort bags, Certificates of Bravery, educational support and financial assistance to families in need of meals, fuel and lodging.

  • *****They offer a variety of craft activities and hospital room decorations to further encourage the children during their stay at the hospital. 

  • *****One program 'Heart Moms Connect' have meetings that are offered quarterly in Lexington, Kentucky to provide an outlet for CHD mothers to connect with one another. 

  • *****They provide numerous events throughout the year to bring Kentucky families together, creating a support system of life long friends while also giving CHD kids the ability to have “normal” childhood experiences such as Cookies with Santa and our Family Weekend Camp.

  • *****They are also a proud sponsor of the Beads of Courage program at the Kentucky Children’s Hospital. This program enables children to tell their story using colorful beads as meaningful symbols of courage that commemorate milestones they have achieved along their unique treatment path.

  • *****The main goal is to strengthen the support to families that have experienced the loss of a child to CHD by creating our Hearts & Halos program. This program includes bereavement support team with meetings and events.

  • *****Kerrington’s Kloset, a magical toy Kloset, located in the Pediatric Cardiology Clinic helps to put a smile on the faces of children that experience long hard pre-op days as well as difficult testing at their Cardiology appointments.


You can veiw more of the race photos I took Here: Wild Hearts Super Hero Fun Run

And View Results Here: racerise.com


All in all it was one very well organized race event, there were 433 total 'in-person' running, with an  estimate after the last runner and awards were finished was $23,000.00$ for the charity...
yes..TWENTY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS !!

With that I will sign off for now, I had a early start and I'm still cleaning/working on the interior paint project, and taking the Hubby out for early Father's Day Dinner tonight.

 Hugs, Kisses, Run Safe Wishes

#getUp
    
     #getOut
     
           #getActive
        
               #getMoving

 




 






Race Photos Here---> Wild Hearts Superhero Fun Run

No comments:

Post a Comment