Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Come'On People!

Well apparently with the revised blog name and promise of being more accountable, my first posting on FB has sent the Rumors Flying!! Now I know that the post was a bit vague but there was a 'hightlighted'link come'on people!  Huge, Huge, thanks to Marie a friend at work and on FB for bringing to my attention that people are talking (imagine that), wondering if I & the MR. are having ''problems''. What in the H~E''doublehockeysticks'' is the matter with all of you!?! No--We--Are--Not!

Our Love Story:

Admittedly co-workers that know both of us were surprised (ok shocked) that we were even dating. We didn't necessarily keep it a secret, we kept work separate from our personal life. I for one am still amazed he asked for a date. If you r-e-a-l-l-y know me, you know I'm a Type A person and can be a bit of a bitch handful. MR. asked and asked to go out and I for one wasn't sure it was such a good idea, see, I've known MR. from the time he got hired (we worked opposite shifts), and fact of the matter is, he was also married (for a short time) to a work friend of mine.

After months of putting him off, making excuses, and months of listening to another friend Kathy telling me how Perfect we would be together. I finally gave in with him going along with my PartyHardy group of friends to a local pizza joint, but, I drove myself (I know - lame). This went on for some time, I still was a bit reluctant to get very involved. After about 8-9 months of him asking and going out in a group setting I finally decided I would give it more serious thought and go out with him, that is after I called the EX.

That's right people, I called the Ex, Why? well for me it was the right thing to do....remember I had a working relationship with her and I didn't want it to become weird for us.

We went out for the first time, for dinner on October 4th, 2004, I walked (again lame I know) to the restaurant as it was in town. Dinner and hours of talking later he drove me home, a walk to the door and a very sweet good nite kiss ended that first date. Flirtations and working overtime to sneak peaks with each other went on for a few weeks along with a date or two.

Then 'IT' happened. THE talk, the lets be exclusive to each other discussion. Thinking to myself 'Lord help me' yes we need to talk.

MR said his piece told me what he wanted (me people he wanted me) then it was my turn, thinking that it was fun while it lasted and from here we can part our ways and still be friends I proceeded to tell him what was what.
     #1=He needed to understand that he would Never be first in my life, I had children and grand-children and they would always be #1....
     #2=I had already moved my Mom & Carl to Ky and though we didn't have the most loving relationship they would still be #2....
     #3=Work, as in my job, I try and help the kids and was trying my best to continue working on the house, paying half the mortgage and all the utilities so I worked all the OT I could beg/volunteer for....
     #4=I would however make it a point to include him with the kid/family activities as he wanted to join in with, and make whatever time we had together the best possible  whether we went out or just stayed in. I really didn't need or want to go out all the time, sometimes you just need to ''BE''. Be with each other watching TV eating a pizza, or go through McD's get a sandwich and go for a drive, or grill out and sit on the porch.

And so it began, to my surprise he was OK with everything I said. He understood about the kids, jobs & family and was willing to take a chance on making an 'Us'.

After going through as much as any couple possibly can, the ups and downs every relationship have, the birth of the youngest grand daughter, health issues (his), my Mom and his Dad passing we were engaged 7yrs in. Yep 7 years, and was engaged for almost 2yrs after that.
Here we are a little over 10 years later still as much in Love as that first Flirtatious wink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment