Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Midsummer Night 5K

Bobbie and her hubby Gerard before the race.
I'm blessed to have him in the family.
 
Who else can find their kids
among 4,437 runners...
Yep that would be me!!

Gerard--all focused during the run,
he finished with a course time of 26:49
not to shabby for working all day then
running in the heat and humidity.

and of course my Baby!!  Go Bobbie!!
She had a course time of 29:27 not bad
considering she ran this AM in another 5K...
 
 
Bobbie - her first 5K of the day winning in her
age group with a time of 28:51.
 
Over view of the Midsummers night race course.
 
Triangle Park fountain, this is (maybe) 'about' a third of the way during the race. The kids and I decided a few years ago that this would be our meet up point after the race, with all the runners and families trying to find each other it's just more practical to meet here. And this is where I've met some Awesome people...but not like this couple below..Ivor and June.  
 
 
Originally from England but now living in Canada. Meet June and Ivor Lynch. They were in Lexington for a Cake decorating show/forum/event. June approached me as I was getting my game plan in my head ready for the start of the race and says 'you look like your with the press and know what's going on. Well I'm not 'with' the press but I'll try and help if I can...and so it began!! In the short time I was able to converse with them the more we knew about each other. If you have a chance check out their web site here.
 
 
 
As always it's been fun with each run and can't wait for the next adventure!!
 
 
a runners mom~~that's what I am!!
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment