Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shakertown 5K 5/4/13

Let the season begin...again...with the Wilderness Series that is!  WoooWhooo here we go! First I want to post a picture of one of my runners...
Mark Morgan this is for you! Your first on my list, with the positive remarks you gave me after the race I couldn't resist. Thanks for taking the time to read this blog, your humor and wit is awesome and you simply amaze me with your dedication to the sport of running ..


Speaking of humor just look at my young'un...I didn't know what the heck she was doing....keep in mind she's starting to be more like me every day...in the picture she's showing how she 'tested' the stretch of her shorts in order to carry a stuffed animal..oh yea I'm a proud Mom....

OK so the shorts are stretchy enough, I give all my kids their Good Luck hugs, kisses and be safe before I head down the path to find a spot for photo opportunities... The spot I wanted was occupied by resident geese, geesh they were LOUD and not happy about me wanting to stand near them...

they decided to waddle their butts back to the water and nest, huh...fine by me, I had runners getting ready to roll...

Jason Todd #425...smiling as always...

Ricky Lane #446...in his zone eyes straight ahead..
 
Our own Ernst Crown-Weber #478...
 

Betty Lewis #475...her sister #479

Bobbie (my baby) #450 talking to Judy #432

Sheri Satterly in pink not sure what her number is...

Melinda Wofford #434 with her friend and new running buddy...

this is the first year that it didn't rain during the race...though it was in the forecast it stayed nice and dry for the runners...the gift of this rainbow proves just how great life is... 
 
sometimes it's not good for me to be alone waiting for my runner kids and the rest of the runners to finish, I tend to talk to whoever is there but mainly I get into stuff, the awards were already set up but here I am moving stuff around looking for one particular age group...you already know it's my young'uns...I swear it's the only one I picked up and took this picture...And She Won 1st in her age group....

well apparently my baby didn't like her run...doesn't she realize I've already taken a picture of her award... 
 
here are a few of my kids...and they ALL received awards...Woot Woot!!
 
Well Blog land here it is, May starts the season and is one of the busiest with all my runners, stay tuned for other posts from races in the meantime follow Danville Bike and Footwear on face book here:https://www.facebook.com/DBFKY?fref=ts or go to their website and look around a bit here:http://www.dbfky.com/. Trust me you won't be sorry,
 
 
arunnersmom~~that's what I am!!




No comments:

Post a Comment