Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Better late than never...

Last Christmas the daughter of a friend of my daughter's (everyone get that??) ask Bobbie to participate in a 5K race benefiting (I think) 'KUNA'. Well of course with it being a new area and to help out the kids she went. Sheri also ran in order to get part of their training miles in. Below is what the shirts looked like...too cute with ole Abe on the tread mill don't you think?? Some of the kids wore costumes, why I don't know but it was cute watching them. The girl with the purple poodle skirt 'rolled' in on roller skates...said she got her outfit from her mom...hmmmmm!
The race went well for the runner girls though they both said it was a bit tough..hills and such-And it didn't seem like no time that they were finished...well duhhh! Both the girls finished in around 26 minutes...Sheri got first in her age group--you go girl!!


Here's Paige with Bobbie...oh yeah my 'kid' is kind'a short !?! Not really that short - Paige has a tall daddy. Paige makes me feel my age some what- I remember her when she and the oldest grand daughter was in diapers!!
And of course let's not forget the support group/fan club section. It's rare that I get pics with the girls..normally I'm taking the pics!
All in all it was a good time and this will most likely be a re-occurring race from now on. The girls still needed to get in the balance of their training miles so the plan was to head back home and drop the runners off in a neighboring town. Now anyone who knows me N~E~V~E~R in a million years would have thought I would be 'putting' my daughter out on the side of the road...! And to make matters even more hilarious the looks we got from people driving by...
So there it is in a nut shell and I'm still the mom--loving the adventures to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment