Sunday, February 13, 2011

1st race of the year - many, many more to come...

Today's race was at Lexington listed as the Heart and Sole 5K..as this is the first race of the season it will set the tone for the rest of the year...only to a point though. Bobbie and Sheri have been training for their up coming 26.2 which include 'scheduled' runs outside or on the dreadmill (?)..this term is too funny! I'm sure the rest of the girls have kept up with as much running as they could also.

Here is the traditional before pic - left to right in the back is Angie Bechtel, Katrina Alexander, and Sheri Satterly in front left to right is my daughter Bobbie Perkins and the newest addition 'runner daughter' Melinda Wofford.


Getting the bib numbers with potty time, last warm up in the truck it was time to head for the start line. Me bundling up as much as I could..more prepared this year than last..tights under jeans, T-shirt under sweat shirt under winter (long coat), ear muffs, scarf, gloves yeah baby!! TOASTY!! Kisses - Love you's - Be carefuls and Good Luck to everyone..,not sure what the newbie runner girl thought 'bout all the ritual but being that I didn't give her a choice or the chance to get away from me, Melinda sweetie your part of the group now so go with it - I'm not stopping the tradition..here are line up pics of the girls. Can you tell it was cold !?! Sheri ended up getting 3rd in her age group, Katrina won a door prize (T-shirt, hey better than nothing-we'll take it). Bobbie ran 3 minutes faster than last year at this same race, which she was really pleased with.

Afterwards it was off to eat..., of course!! Today since we were closer to a Denny's that is where we ended up at...still good, but not Cracker Barrel. Home again with everyone winding down waiting for showers and much deserved naps.
And so it begins - my runner daughters and racing....but that's OK with me 'cause I'm 'arunnersmom' and that's what I do!!





No comments:

Post a Comment