Monday, August 23, 2021

My year - 2020.1 Femoral surgery part 1

 With the way the year's been going for me I've decided this is year 2020.1 for me. It Still SUCKS!!  OMG This Mr of mine! My last post was August 11th [ you can read about it HERE ] since then we have had another ordeal with his femoral artery...during the week of my last post he ended up not feeling the best, kinda puny, a bit of cough. But then he started running a bit of a fever and finally told me he had some drainage from his ear. So there we go with Alka Seltzer Cold & Flu for a couple of days..and he slept All. The. Time! I kept asking him about going to the Dr or ER and of course he said NO! Finally, after having chills so bad that heating pads, wearing sweats to bed, and multiple heavy winter blankets he wanted to go get a Covid test...he was so adamite that he needed the test 'before' going to the ER....😒 guess what ? He finally decides to go, the very first thing they do is give him a Covid test!! This man is driving me beyond Crazy. We wasted 48 hours..2 whole days 😖! He was there the entire day...we find out he has an infection at the wound site, a embolism, and a possible aneurism, finally the ER Dr decided to call his surgeon[6pm] and AirVac is called to transport - It. Was. THAT. Serious! Off I go to get the cats fed for the the night, grab a snack and off I went. Louisville is 1 1/2 hrs away from me at the speed limit (I made it under)...but not under enough to be able to see him before surgery.

I was the only person in the surgery waiting room, the nurse stayed for a while, I finally convinced her that she should go home and be with her family. Then I waited....and waited. 4 hours later the surgeon came to tell me how the surgery went. To my surprise the very first thing he asked was What in the world did he do?? 😧umm what?😧 It wasn't an easy surgery...the Doc had to 'harvest' veins from the right thigh to 'reconstruct' the left side femoral artery. So. Many. Thoughts going through my head...I decided then and there That Was It!  I'm putting both feet down HE WAS GOING TO PAY ATTENTION !! Once he finished I asked how soon I could go see him and if the recovery team had my number to call me back, to my surprise he said I wouldn't be able to see him, the Doc put him on a ventilator and said IF he made it through the night I could see him the next morning...to go home and rest until...morning...😲

I'm not sure if anyone else has had that remark given to them but I was In Shock! I sat for a minute or so then went to the car. The whole time I was in total disbelief, WTH happened? How did this happen? I sat in the car and cried..then cried some more😭. Again it's 1 1/2hrs to home..I told myself I could do it I had pets to tend too and needed to get things around for the next day. On the way I called to update the Kid and LOST IT! To the point I had to pull over from sobbing...and then again I pulled over sobbing...It. Took. Forever to get home 4 times I had to pull over. Finally I was home, fed the cats, rinsed off, put together a light lunch ate a spoonful of PB and went to bed around 1:30--1:45am... tossed and turned then got a call from the hospital around 3am. The Hub's was doing ''OK'' and whatever numbers they were monitoring they decided to wing him from the ventilator...he was 'stable'. I was told I could see him later that morning. Still I tossed and turned. 

8:30am Saturday off to Louisville I go. He's groggy [rightfully so] and confined to bed due to surgeries in both legs, on pain meds every 4 hrs. He was able to realize & acknowledge me but he was a bit different...you could tell he was scared this time. Then came the Infectious Disease Dr, I was ushered out of the room while they put a PIC line in and started antibiotics...STRONG antibiotics. He had MSSA in the bloodstream which meant I wasn't allowed to be there very long, had to wear protective wear, and wasn't allowed to get very close in general..😨. WTH !!

It was then I really wanted to Scream at the top of my lungs...Now I'M Mad at the Hub's! Why in the world was he trying to make me a widow??

On the way out again I'm sobbing...all the way to the car...while waiting in line to leave...on the way home. I called the Kid again to update her of course sobbing, then called the SIL. Once I collected my self I headed home. I mowed the yard, did the weed eating, started laundry, fixed myself a light dinner and decided then IF the Hub's was going to me a widow I'm doing a 'single plan'. And That's what I did.

I'm stopping here...but there's so much more that happened so bear with me....another update coming.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment