Wednesday, May 2, 2018

It's my party and I have NEWS to Share!!!



Well Hello again....It's me the long lost wayward Blogger. After a few difficult months things are looking up Finally!!
I recently had another Birthday and I'm proud to say I made it to Life Level #63....
yes folks this chick made it to 63 and love it.
The space I will be occupying in the paper will be show casing a 'Featured' Road Athlete, I will be playing catch up with several races I've been involved with so far this year, but, as the Blog Title states I'm MORE than a runner's Mom. I hope you take time to enjoy some of my endeavors as I continue to go through this thing called my Life.
To start off let me tell ya a bit about me...I'm the oldest child, have 1 brother who still lives in Indiana {yep Hoosier by Birth--Bluegrass Babe by choice} Type "A" personality that has got me into trouble more times than not...'cause unless you Really don't want to know don't ask....you may not like my answer. I'm named after my GrandMa Ruby and I feel like I get a lot of my heathen traits from that side of my family. I'm now married to my 3rd hubby{and Last}, there will be more on him later, I retired from my 'For Real' job 2years ago encouraged by the Hubby {he Loves me}, I have 1 daughter who thank the Good Lord is not exactly like me but can be if need be {you will see/hear more on her later} she has 2 daughters and has been with the same man for 27 yrs now....more on him later too.
Both of my parents are deceased, but I have my Step-Father still here in Ky and grateful for his love to all of us.
Since my retirement, again I'm MORE than a Runner's Mom..I've managed to keep busy with a number of things, as a Walker I do several 'virtual' 5K races during the year {this year I'm doing 1 a month}, I'm partnered with Lexington based RaceRise Timing group doing race photography as well and help plan several Lexington/Louisville races  (my Runner Daughter is a Ambassador for them) we also travel to different locations for races, member of Lexington Ave Baptist Church, I have a fairly sizable group for the Get Moving challenge and have set up WednesdayWalks for those that want to attend (there's also prize drawings from me), I'm a active volunteer for GABBF, Boyle Co Trails Alliance, on the Board of Directors for Dash for Danielle, planning committee for Brass Band 5K, MOPS volunteer when in session as this takes care of my Grand Baby fix since mine are grown, I help organize the local WildernessTrace Run/Walk series, the Campaign GURU (as in 'I do it all') for my husband Steve who is running for 5th District Magistrate, I'm Ambassador for SOXYFEET - BondiBand - and just recently accepted as a Just Strong Ambassador, do to getting the yard in shape after the LONGEST Winter weather I can remember I haven't gone to the gym this week but will resume my KettleBell, RIPPED, and Zumba classes.
So here I am 'A Runner's Mom and More'....I will submit to my Sports Editor and he can decide if I get published or not I already know and understand local sports will come first {as it should} and we'll go from there... my first Road Athlete is not only a star to me but her name is Starr as well!

Stay Tuned there's more to come!

Hugs, Kisses, Run Safe Wishes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment