Thursday, September 28, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Too much Thursday!

 

Ready to represent my hometown during Kiwanis wearing my Danville T-shirt,
Glad to see the lights are on for the corner downtown, I'll get a night picture when I head out Saturday morning for my race....There's so many that I think we could use downtown as a landing 🛪 strip!

Today's Kiwanis speaker was Emily Toadvine [in pink] from Wilderness Trace Distillery,

The Distillery & Kiwanis

teamed up to have a Chili Cook-off

we ended up making 9500$ 
Which will go towards a children's project &/or camp.

After the meeting I wanted to go to Aldi's to finish with my upcoming October monthly meal/menu plan stuff...all I needed was the 'blue' grain chips and I was getting the seasonal Maple cookies for us as a treat, when WHAM! The building shook.
....then THIS 👇
 
This lady apparently was driving WAY TO FAST into the parking lot and her car went completely over the parking bumper and she slammed into the side of the building.....Thank God no one was walking on the sidewalk and thank goodness she wasn't hurt!


Of course, ALL the Fire - Rescue - Police came....the store was evacuated until they inspected everything. Another surprise was the store has a 'Security Team' also....I wasn't allowed to get their picture...[understandably] but WOW! Sensors went off that alerted them something wasn't right, and they came to check & inspect what happened, Huge Kudos to Black Hawk! 
So other than a hole in the side of the building....
I took my butt home....and had a 🍪 cookie 🍪 !









No comments:

Post a Comment