Monday, September 25, 2023

Blog 365 ~ Happy Homemaker Monday 9-25-23

 

It's was a looong week last week and it's been a short month !! Can you believe it's almost October ?? And 3 months from today it's Christmas !! Whew, I'm tired just about it....but no time to dwell on it,

My new morning routine...Jinx Cuddles & Coffee.

 I have a full plate and packed schedule so let's start with linking up with Sandra for Happy Homemaker Monday...

** The Weather **
We did however get a light rain this morning though it wasn't predicted.

** As I look outside my window **
Still overcast but not raining..

 ** Right now I am **
Working on this post, 

** OOTD **
For now I'm still in loungey wear, I do have clothes laid out & ready.

** Thinking and pondering **
I'm one Lucky Woman! I've made a great life for myself.

** What I'm reading **
Need to Know by Fern Michaels [sisterhood series & pleasure read]
Devotional [spiritual read]
Atomic Habits [1 more chapter!! self-improvement read]
Bet ya didn't think I'd finish 😉

** TV Shows this week **
Lots of DVR'd shows to catch-up on & to record...even the hub's has a busy bustling schedule these days. My Bravo guilty watching channel, and the [crazy] Sister Wives on TLC

** Menu Plan **
⮚Eggplant Pharm
⮚Pot Pies
⮚Veggie Egg Rolls
⮚Taco's
⮚Baked Potatoes w/sloppy joe on top
⮚Chicken/Cheese Chimichanga
⮚Open faced burgers
⮚Salmon
⮚Spag
⮚Beef Stew
Friends' dinner out on Wednesday

** Goal/To Do List **
Get No un-necessary spend post done,

** Around The House **
Daily household stuff ie: Make Bed, Sweep, Dishes, Bathroom

** Project this Week **
Bleach kitchen trim,
Blow leaves,
Move 2 chairs upstairs [Christmas prepping]

** Today's Motivation **
Yep!! Getting back to my silver Sneaker Classes with a goal of at least 2 per week [hopefully 3]
THEN....wait for it....I'm doing my first ever 
Plank'tober
Want to join?? I'm getting a schedule finalized later today with times and days. I'll be sharing with my Muddy Princess team as a way to start working on core strengthening for next years race....EeeK, I'm so excited!!

** Something fun to share **
I worked the Kicking Butt 5K in Louisville last Saturday. Though it was a long drive I love this event! Everyone is so Welcoming and Appreciative, they announced at the end of the race to have raised just over 36,000$ for colon cancer research. 

** Looking forward to this week **
-->Family night Football game for nephew...he received this note from the HS coach
He's worked hard this year,
only 3 of the 8th graders got a personal note like this one.
I'm a very Proud Aunt! And extremely proud of his brother Eli who is into Computer/Electronic/Robotics....
-->Pastor Briscoe's pastoral anniversary dinner
-->MahJong with a few of the Tribe,
-->Friends dinner out on Wednesday

** From the camera **
My black cat-feral 'Queen' girl has decided to socialize again. For the past few months, she's hung out in the bathroom, and on a stool in the kitchen. So finding her cuddled up with the Goober was a nice surprise.

** On my prayer list **
My SIL started her cancer treatments last week. So far she's hasn't had any adverse reactions, Thank God! Also, for my friend MJ...her husband is settled [finally] in a nursing home specializing with Alz/Dementia. He's been diagnosed with 3 types. I wasn't aware you could have more than 1, so I've learned quite a lot from her & his ordeal since this all started back in April. Her advocate has had meetings with family and close friends to inform them what to do/expect/ and to tell everyone it's for this stage and beyond it's better not to visit as he won't remember anyway 😧, and to remember him from the better time of his life. My heart is sad for MJ....and for myself. We talk All the time and have comfort knowing he's where he should be. 

** Devotional **
Father, I don't know why you allow certain things/tragedies to happen. Help me stop trying to answer the unanswerable and to focus instead on how I respond in the mist of such things/tragedies.


1 comment:

  1. That first picture with Jinx is adorable, the cat looks ready for some coffee! Prayers for your SIL and your friend (and her husband) during their trials. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete