Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time taken - not on my side!

     I last posted [finally] that I wasn't a slacker, and really I'm not. I get side tracked sometimes, maybe I schedule to many activities at the same time, possibly get in some much needed OT at work which I always work [you do what ya gotta when your a broke you know what] or volunteer to help out taking pictures for one of the runner kids, but, that means you get
                                          far,
                                   far,
                                far,
behind with the blog stuff. I do stay on an 'even' status with the day to day stuff, most of the time. I have a system for getting laundry washed, dried, and folded, H2B though has to either go downstairs to retrieve his clothes or not. It really is that simple, get them and put them away or leave the clothes in piles on the table it don't matter to me. I have a rod hung up under the stairs that I hang my t-shirts on and since I down there so much I get what ever I'm going to wear on a daily basis, it works for me so don't judge!

     One of the items that I posted before was the fact that a nephew had found me after 30+ years. At this point in time I still have yet to hear back from him about getting to know each other and hopefully meet up. I have sent another message to him on FB and have sent a email asking a few generic questions. He has two different jobs listed on his profile {FB} so I know he's most likely busy, busy, busy. From his picture there he favors my brother in stature and a little in his looks, but I do see his Momma in him as well. I'm not going to be discouraged - yet - and pray that he still wants to be a part of my family. I'll keep everyone posted!!  [posted get it? like in keeping this blog up to date posted!!]

     Something that I'm going to share here is the engagement photo that H2B had arranged to be taken. Have I told you yet how great he is and how spoiled I am? The picture thing was on my wedding list of things to do, and of course being the cheap ass that I am I was going to work on taking them myself, with the whole timer option thing and what ever!!! and then hope for the best. But instead we have the following;
     I'm not a big fan of the antique look but for an engagement notice in the paper it will be perfect!! The sales rep was a friend of H2B's from 50 years ago - yeah we're old  - they played B'ball together when they were about 8 or 9. He was good at selling H2B on buying this or that package of pictures, {have I mentioned that I'm a cheap ass}??  We have the advertised 10X13 collage of pics and then added a 5X7 and 4 wallets for $25, and that was all! Bless his heart he did try but I had my budget set...period. It will be in the local paper in about 6 weeks can't wait!! I have picked up the few invites that we are sending out, my friend Dana has been a GOD send doing this stuff for me. She hand embossed a swirly thing on the invites as well as printed them too! I have the lights for the trees ready to deliver to her along with the table cloth she wants to use. The last thing to get to her will be the birdcage decoration thing that the MIL2B has made. With that said I will close for tonight, though this is suppose to be a "runner" blog this is also what I am.......


a runners mom~~that's what I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment